August 8, 2022
The installation of surveillance cameras seems to be a very complicated system engineering, but as long as the system is operated by hand, it will not be difficult. Below is a summary of 25 problems that you will encounter when installing surveillance cameras. Quickly check and fill the gaps!
1. How to change the IP of the camera?
(1) Open the management interface of the camera from the computer browser, find the network option, and fill in the address to be changed;
(2) From the NVR, after finding the camera, click "Edit" to input the changed address.
2. How to change the address code of the ball machine?
The network dome generally does not need to change the address code. There are two ways to change the address code of the simulated dome machine:
(1) To change the hard switch, there is a corresponding DIP switch on the movement of the dome machine, which is usually binary. Toggle the switch to the desired address;
(2) Software modification, through the preset position, call up the menu of the dome machine, there are address code modification options, enter the modification.
3. How to determine the millimeter of the lens?
The general situation is to divide the distance required by the place by 2 and then divide by 1000 to obtain the number of millimeters of the lens, and then adjust the number of millimeters appropriately according to the required shooting angle.
The focal length of the camera lens is 2.8mm/4mm/6mm/8mm/12mm, etc. Each product series can choose the focal length of the lens, which can meet the shooting needs of various indoor and outdoor environments. Generally speaking, the larger the focal length, the smaller the field of view, and the longer the monitoring distance.
In actual use scenarios, 2.8mm focal length is suitable for relatively narrow environments such as elevators and stairs, 4mm is suitable for conference rooms, slightly larger stores, etc., and more open places such as parking lots, factory workshops, and courtyards can be used. Use a lens of 6mm or more; the specific choice can be determined according to your needs.
4. Where is the focus camera adjusted?
There are words "FOCUS" and "ZOOM" on the side or tail of the camera, which can be adjusted with a screwdriver.
5. How to choose the disk array?
First, calculate the storage capacity required for all front-end camera images, divide it by the capacity of a single hard disk, and obtain the number of disks. Add the number of management disks and hot spare disks required for RAID to obtain the number of array disks. (first monitoring)
6. How to control the network ball machine?
NVR, computer client, network keyboard, all can control the network dome.
7. What is 485?
485 communication interface is a hardware description of the communication interface. It only needs two communication lines, that is, data transmission can be performed between two or more devices. This data transmission connection is a half-duplex communication method. A device can only send data or receive data. The 485 used for security monitoring generally refers to the PTZ control interface. After setting the protocol and rate between the control device and the controlled device, the control operation can be performed.
8. How to configure the optical fiber according to the actual situation?
The fiber type and the number of cores are selected according to the total number of cores and transmission modes required by the optical transmission equipment of the system. Determine the number of fibers based on the distance to be transmitted.
9. How far is the fiber optic transceiver configured?
After the signal transmission distance of the network cable is exceeded (usually 100 meters), it is time to consider using optical fiber transmission.
10. How to debug the recorder remotely?
(1) In the main menu, enter the system settings - network settings - DDNS - enable DDNS - select the appropriate domain name service station in the DDNS type - enter the user name and password registered at this website - OK.
(2) Enter the router connected to the video recorder to access the Internet, find the "forwarding rule" option, add the forwarding port and save it.
11. What is the recording memory of a 3 million camera in one hour?
The 1-hour recording storage space of 3 million cameras is about 3G. According to the size of the code stream set by the camera, the required hard disk storage space will vary, but the difference is not large.
12. When 3 million is connected to a nominal 16-channel 2 million video recorder, does the number of access channels need to be halved?
The number of access channels of the network video recorder = the total bandwidth of the video recorder ÷ the camera code stream. The larger the code stream, the less the number of access channels. In theory, a 3-megapixel camera is about 1/3 larger than a 2-megapixel camera code stream.
13. How to choose the all-in-one platform machine and decoder?
The platform all-in-one machine integrates decoding, management, splicing and other functions into one device. The decoder is only decoding and wall installation (splicing, screen segmentation), which can be selected according to the user's functional requirements.
14. What is the role of streaming media server?
When a large number of clients or WEB access the surveillance camera, the general video recorder cannot bear too much network pressure. At this time, the streaming media server needs to do some forwarding to transfer the access pressure of the client to the server.
15. Do I still need a video recorder when using a disk array?
The storage function of the disk array, the data is stored in it, and a storage server is required to manage it. Generally speaking, there is no need for a video recorder with a disk array.
16. What is the difference between LED lights and dot matrix lights?
The two lamps are essentially the same, and the dot matrix lamp has more power and longer service life than ordinary LED lamps.
17. What should I do if the display is offline after IPC is added?
(1) The IP address setting of the IPC is not in the same network segment as the NVR address.
(2) If the network connection is not smooth, check whether all 8 cores of the network cable are tested.
18. Why use the mobile client software to preview the image on a black screen?
(1) The server device is not online
(2) The device added by the client is incorrect, and the IP address, port, user name, and password are wrong.
19. The monitor display does not need a monitor. How can I connect it with my own desktop computer?
Connect the RJ45 interface on the recorder to the computer with a network cable, and access the recorder image through the computer client software.
20. I want to share a part of the video in the monitoring room for another monitoring room, how to do it?
The analog system can be divided into one signal through the video distributor and distributed to another monitoring room; the network system can be directly connected with the network cable, and the desired image can be opened through the computer client.
21. When will the encoder be used? Is the encoder NVS?
The English name of the encoder: NETVIDEO SERVER (network video server) is also called a video encoder, and its function is to encode the analog camera video signal into a network signal. When the analog camera video signal needs to be connected to the network system, an encoder is required.
There are two encoding standards supported by IPC and NVR: H.264 and H.265. The latter is a new generation of encoding standards, which can compress the video size to half of the former without losing image quality. Under the same bandwidth, H.265 can transmit higher-definition video.
22. Is the encoder used in the elevator? What are the pros and cons?
Encoders are used in elevators because the accompanying cables in elevators only have coaxial cables and no network cables. When more economical and practical elevator network cables are popularized in the market, it is recommended to consider using network cameras. The highest resolution of the encoder is WD1, which is far less high than the pixels of a network camera.
23. The wiring method for the centralized power supply of the camera?
The so-called centralized power supply means that all front-end equipment power is provided uniformly from the back-end central control room. There are two cases:
(1) Centrally supply mains power to the front end, and the power adapter of the camera is placed on the camera end. When wiring in this case, the power cable should be separated from the video signal cable, and the power cable should be protected by a JDG tube.
(2) Centrally provide the DC power required by the camera to the front end, and the camera power adapter is placed in the rear control room. When wiring in this case, the power cable and the video cable can share the same line. If the requirements are not strict, it can be used. PVC pipe. At the same time, pay attention to the relationship between the DC transmission distance and the wire diameter. The farther the transmission is, the larger the required wire diameter.
24. What is wide dynamic?
WDR technology is a technology used to let the camera see the characteristics of the image under the very strong optical fiber contrast. When high-brightness areas and shadows, backlighting and other relatively low-brightness areas under strong light sources (sunlight, lamps or reflections, etc.) coexist in the image, the image output by the camera will appear bright areas, which will become White, and dark areas become black due to underexposure, which seriously affects the image quality. The camera has limitations in the performance of the brightest areas and darker areas in the same scene. This limitation is commonly referred to as "dynamic range".
25. What are the most common factors that affect the stability of network monitoring operation?
(1) Network bandwidth and switch configuration.
(2) The quality of the network cable and the transmission cable is related.
(3) The quality of crystal first-class auxiliary materials and the craftsmanship of construction personnel.
(4) Selection of mainstream hardware, topology circuit planning, and comprehensive construction and testing of the project.